July 7th - July 20th 2011. Zimbabwe, Africa. Hands Of Hope. http://hohafrica.org/wp/
January 5th - March 30th, 2013. Philippines. World Harvest Ministries. www.­tomrandall.­org

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Today was the best.

We took all the kids from Sankey and went to this other camp place, in a city I definitely can't spell... Resol? Not the point...
It's an absolutely beautiful place filled with palm trees and green grass. They have basketball courts, volleyball courts, a bowling alley, a pool with the best slide, anddddd a tree house. It was nice to get to hang out and play with kids and just enjoy laughing together. I had the best time running through the camp with them all and getting to know some of the girls better.









Prayer requests:
- that I would be able to developer deeper relationships with the girls. I will be attending their devotions on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights so I, really excited to start that!!

Sunday we woke up in the morning and went to church. On Saturday night a team of 18 people from Australia came to help build a medical building and a teachers lounge on site. So in the morning we all got up with the kids and went to church, which was in English as well so that we could all understand. It was a great service and 4 of the girls from Sankey got up and sang a song at the end of service, which was beautiful.
After church we headed to SM, which is their mall. They had a couple of American stores like Payless, ace hardware, McDonald's, and Pizza Hut. W went and had lunch with the Australian team and then got to go around the mall a little bit. I bought a watch, since they don't have clocks in any of the classrooms. And then I got to go shopping at the market with Babes( Totos wife), and Principal Alice. The market has a lot of products I recognize, which is good... So for those of you who know I'm a picky eater, I definitely won't starve. I eat frosted flakes every morning for breakfast :)
After we returned back to Sankey, of course we played some more soccer in the mud :) and then had dinner.
I get to eat with the Australian team for meals, and its been really cool getting of know them and their heart for their Philippines and for World Harest. The Australians and Philippinos all seem to want to give me dating advice, which is fun! Haha
one of Karen's good friends Megan and Megan's mom Jan came out and got here the same night as the Australians. I found out Megan was the first short term missionary that Sankey orphanage had, which was cool that I got to meet her!

Monday the Australian team started building, and I taught my classes. And that night after dinner all the kids came in and some of the girls and boys sang some songs for us!! It's so great to hear them sing and smile. Then Uncle Tom gave a little talk on not worrying, and told us a couple great stories of how god has shown up in his life and how his faith took over instead of worry.

Tuesday was review in classes because they have exams Thursday and Friday. That night time we had a "Blow out"! Which is basically like a party. They set up tables and a sounds system and stage in the gym. And we all are together with all the kids! It was Jan and Megan's treat to the kids before they left today. Megan had brought pictures of when she was out here i think 12 years ago of her and the kids when they were little, it was so awesome. It really made me realize that they aren't just classmates or friends, but they have grown up together and are family to one another.
There was karaoke, some of the kids performed some songs, Toto got up and played guitar and sang some songs, Megan sung a beautiful song, an Australian got up and played the harmonica, and of course there was lots of laughter and dancing and what became great memories.
At one point out on the dance floor, one of the high school girls asked me, "do you like it here?" And my response was of course! And she said that she could tell because I says always smiling and having fun. It was so sweet, and was really an encouragement at the same time. I wanted to cry happy tears.

These girls are truly amazing and I am enjoying getting to know them all so much. They are a joy to have in my life :)







































1 comment:

  1. I was thinking while we were talking how happy you looked. I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete