July 7th - July 20th 2011. Zimbabwe, Africa. Hands Of Hope. http://hohafrica.org/wp/
January 5th - March 30th, 2013. Philippines. World Harvest Ministries. www.­tomrandall.­org

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blown Away By Love

January 7th:
Today was a kind of relaxing day as I was pretty Jet-lagged and we didn't arrive at Sankey orphanage till 2:34 AM this morning. So they graciously let me sleep in and we just kind of hung out. Karen gave me a tour of the place, which is amazing. A lot bigger then I had imagined in my head. I will take some pictures at some point to post and show you guys this place! But today was nice to just settle in, and i got a chance to take a nap and read which was good. Got the guitar here and as soon as I went to tune it, broke a string... sad. But Todo says we can take it to a shop and get a new string.


January 8th:
This morning I woke up and met with the principle of the school. She wants me to teach the Values of Education class to grades 1-6 every day. Which at first sounded a little scary thinking I would be teaching a class, when I've only taught 1st grade-boy Sunday school for 3 years. So today I just observed in all the grades to get a feel of what it is like. After observing and getting to see what the subject is about I am more at ease, and the book is in English which is great.
After my last observation class, we went down to the gym and got to play basketball against the high school boys that live on campus. It was the white people (Tom, Keivan, Nathan(A guy from Scotts Valley staying for 6 months), Nathan and I) vs the Philippinos. And by some miracle we won the first 2 games. They beat us the third game. And they went really easy on me since I was the only girl out on the court. But it was so much fun to get out and be able to play with them all!
They got all the high school boys and girls out early from school to come home and visit with us. I really enjoyed getting to know the high school girls. Since they leave for school at 6AM and don't get home until 6PM, I hadn't been able to spend time with them yet. But they all joined in for soccer!
So after basketball we played soccer on the muddy field, since it rains quite frequently here, It was crazy awesome. Every kid was out there playing having so much fun getting muddy. Here are some pictures....












After that it was time to wash up and we went over and ate at Todo's house. Then got the kids all together and heard Keivan, Nathan, and Gus share some testimonies and stories.





January 9th:
I have one more class until lunch time. And the thing I have enjoyed the most in sitting in these classes is seeing the relationship between the teachers and the students. They truly care and love one another and it shows by the way they laugh and have fun in class. The children are always very respectful and love to volunteer in class, which makes teaching easier. The class sizes here are between 4 and 8 students in each grade.

Everyone has been so welcoming and friendly, it is such a joy to be here.




Prayer requests:

-Teaching my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment